[Ambassadors] Heads up please: Ambassadors map is now online.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 20:49:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

> thanks a lot for the work you have put into this.

Welcome.

> Unfortunately the in the wiki instructions are a little sparse. How to
> find out one's latitude and longitude?
> You know a good web page to do
> this?

There are a lot of webpages doing this. Please search a bit.
I can put up a page for that too, but that will be overkill.
For example, itouchmap.com/latlong.html
there are a lot more using OSM/google map etc.

> What notation and delimiters does the map use?

You need to update your fas account.
The FAS takes input in degrees. If you find it out in degree and
minutes, please convert into fraction of degrees, like 1 degree 30
minutes = 1.5 degree, don't enter 1.30. If you find it out in 22.56,
it is fine. Enter it unaltered.

> How many decimal
> places are allowed?
Not limited. You can use whatever you want to.
Thanks.

--
Regards,
Susmit.