[Ambassadors] New Project: Blur

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 23:23:31 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Braden Faulkner<bradenflknr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2009, at 5:55 PM, "Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)"
> <bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I was thinking of Linux as a whole the other day. I thought that Linux
>>> might
>>> be to fragmented. So, I started a project called "Blur". It's a project
>>> about collaberating with other Linux distros and groups.

My problem with other distros is the argument "mine is better!". Even
when it is joking, people from outside don't understand this friendly
war.
In Nicaragua, I work closely with local groups from other distros.
There are times where everybody shows their colors like DFD, FLISOL,
and SFD. There are time where you fly low and help other flags,
because you know they will do it for you next time. It is not easy to
reach this maturity. As nice as it sounds it is not perfect, and time
to time we have some issues. We have managed to overcome those issues
so far.

We have a monthly gathering, I organize it, and Fedora banners and
posters are always a trademark of the event. But the event is
multi-distro, no other colours are shown because other people don't
bring them. We avoid "mine is better" talks. The aim is user support
and social talk. Usually the request are for Ubuntu support, and
always there are a bunch of CD/DVD from several distros. It has worked
for us.

This is kind of interaction is what this wiki is trying to promote?

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217