[Ambassadors] next EMEA Ambassadors IRC meeting

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 12:46:41 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I've been organizing the EMEA Ambassadors IRC meetings for a while now,
and while I am certainly going to continue to attend them, I wonder if
perhaps someone else within our EMEA community would like to take a turn
at putting together the agendas and leading the meetings.

We're due to have our next one pretty soon (probably should be next
Wednesday) but I will be in the USA all next week and unable to attend
that meeting.

Seems like it might be a good time to let a volunteer in the community
step up and take charge.

These meetings represent an opportunity to have our Ambassadors across
the region stay in communication with each other, discuss budget issues
and resource issues, and also coordinate their efforts, so that we can
feel like a larger team and not a few pockets of people in different
countries.

Anyone want to step up and make next week's meeting happen?

There have also been a few requests to hold EMEA meetings
every-other-week -- one meeting per month focusing on events and
logistics, and the other focusing on one specific question or project
that is important to the region.

It's obvious that I haven't had the time to make that happen, but with
some community leadership from Ambassadors who have things they would
like to discuss, it easily could.

It's important to me to make sure that we continue to keep our core
group of EMEA ambassadors strong, while also growing new leadership and
contributions throughout this very large region.

In Egypt, for example, we've got a growing team of Ambassadors who are
doing fantastic work, and I hope we can include them in our EMEA
meetings and discussions more than we have in the past (which has just
been me sending them resources).  I'd like to cut myself out as the
middle man and continue to grow a team of volunteers in the region who
are all helping each other out.

Thanks,
Max