[Ambassadors] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjKQTiXDBeE

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 13:53:35 UTC 2009

2009/7/17 Jukka Palander <jukka at devspain.com>:

> On Fri, 2009-07-17 at 15:08 +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>> So I suggest: Let's use the ambassadors mailing list to focus on our
>> goals and our strengths instead of wasting time with watching others.
>>
>> Thanks everybody,
>> Christoph
>

> When competing in the market, you should know your rivals or otherwise
> you are soon out from the leading edge!
> Therefore we should also know what others are doing.. ..and then just do
> the same better.
>
> ...so do focus into Fedora, but watch what others are doing as well!

This mailing list is not the best place for that sort of discussion.
Some ambassadors here occasionally ask how to respond to questions
about so called 'competition'. When it's clearly marked as a
conversation about something that's not entirely Fedora, it's quite
understandable.  The problem here is that a single link with no
context, no information about the link, and no metadata about the
conversation is not what we want on this list.  For the record, a link
about Fedora and/or a competitor that's meant to be informative like
that, with information includde of course, probably belongs on the
marketing list instead.  I get a number of nice and sometimes not so
nice links there. This mailing list is really about how we can
advocate Fedora instead.  Please structure conversations like that
accordingly :).

-Yaakov