[Ambassadors] Red Hat Summit

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Tue Jul 21 13:20:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 9:17 AM, Paul W. Frields<stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:34:26AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> > Regarding the retractable banners it turned out the ones we had in
>> > mind will not physically fit inside our event boxes so we are
>> > rethinking how we want to proceed with them. At this point there is
>> > work being done (primarily by Ben WIlliams) to get a new two panel
>> > design asap and get two of these made. We lack any large
>> > banners/posters of any sort at the moment (at least for standard event
>> > box fodder).
>>
>> Understood -- talked to Ben this morning on IRC about this, actually.
>> Would we still be able to get the usual vinyl banner for use at the
>> event in case everything else falls through?
>
> Circling back on this.... Looks like the vinyl banner is in an Event
> Box already, correct?
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/EventBox
>   (note: page should be moved to support wiki search,
>   i.e. "Ambassadors Event Box")
>
> Any additional news on the stand-up banners?

Maybe - essentially we believed the banner to be deprecated and that
standup banners were imminent a month ago, so the banner stayed with
me after SELF.
Given the lack of standup banners to date, and the approach of OSCON,
I shipped it back to Larry. So it's probably still en route, but
should be with the west coast box soon.