[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meeting Summary from 2009-07-21

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 04:39:37 UTC 2009

* Announcements

   - sseiersen is looking someone to share a room at OLF, there is sign-up
     section on the wiki now

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ohio_Linux_Fest_2009

* FAmNA Participation in the Campus Ambassadors Program

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Campus_Ambassadors

    - North American ambassadors are encouraged to start thinking about how
      FAmNA should support the campus ambassador program

    - inode0 proposed that FAmNA sponsor one campus ambassador from North
      America each year to attend FUDcon, some discussion of the current number
      of campus ambassadors and the methods that might be used to decide who
      would receive the sponsorship - proposal agreed to, details will follow

* Events [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents]

   - Red Hat Summit

     Plans are falling into place in preparation for the Summit, more details
     are available on the wiki now

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Summit_2009

     Everyone attending the Summit is encouraged to think about preparing
     something for the campground

   - New Mexico GNU/LinuxFest

     dthomasdigital reports keynote speakers to be announced next week
     and that inode0 will be there giving a talk about something interesting

   - OSCON

     inode0 mentions that OSCON is in progress and some of our guys are busy
     at the event tonight

   - inode0 suggested that if we have some funds left this quarter we consider
     prepaying for things where possible later this year (OLF & NMGLF are two
     good targets)

* Budget Review [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Budget]

   - Lots of discussion about F11 media, where is it? When will we get it?
     (dthomasdigital will follow-up with Max about the status of media)

   - StabbyMc volunteers to investigate long sleeve twill shirts

   - VileGent reported on the state of Event Box banners, things are moving
     again and there is hope these retractable banners will be available in
     time for the Red Hat Summit

   - VileGent suggests making the four foundation posters for use in Event
     Boxes, great idea - any volunteers?

   - StabbyMc reports that the Fedora pens have been ordered and should arrive
     either this week or next - thanks StabbyMc

   - inode0 reports some issues with the fathead idea, complicated agreement
     required that inode0 wasn't comfortable with - if anyone else would like
     to tackle that inode0 will help them, all art is ready (thank you mizmo)

* Open Floor

   - Some discussion of the Campus Ambassador program

   - helofromseattle mentioned he is considering starting a new Fedora podcast,
     inode0 cheers

I would again like to thank all the participants, especially the new
ambassadors joining us for the first time tonight.