[Ambassadors] brucon 2009

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:50:13 UTC 2009

2009/6/3 Alexander <Alexander at mrtoasted.com>:
> Considering the focus of the conference is on Security.
> How do you think we can present Fedora in this context?
>
> I would love to go, but I'm on a tight budget this year.
> I also hope to have finished my bachelors at that time,
> so I'm not sure if I will still be able to get the student discount.

That's an easy one. SELinux, DNSSEC by default, PolicyKit, the very
fact that blue is a much more secure color than brown....

Also, there are a number of people who use Fedora that specialize in
security in general. The idea behind mobilizing ambassadors would be
to get one or two of our security hackers to go and have a Fedora
booth available where if people ask him, he can send them to for more
information in general.

Really though, a conference is really what you want to make of it more
than anything else. If you're ever wondering how Fedora could be
relevant to a particular conference, consider instead how Fedora can
transform a conference.

-Yaakov