[Ambassadors] Bragging on NA for a moment

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Sat Jun 6 19:18:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, David Nalley wrote:

> Hey guys, Just wanted to take a moment to share some of the awesome
> work that has been happening from some of our relatively new
> Ambassadors in NA.
>
> Adam Miller has been tearing up his college with talks about and
> promoting Fedora on his campus. He is also doing a ton of other work
> within Fedora
>
> David Duncan has taken over and accomplished a project I started
> wanting to make happen 9 months ago - tattoos. You can see an example
> on the planet now.
>
> David Thomas took the initiative with case badges and they are in the
> process of being shipped. This is another one of those projects that
> like tattoos has long been on our todo list.
>
> I am really thrilled that these guys, even though they are relatively
> new, are taking ownership of some of these things and making things
> happen.

+1 from me.  I'm very grateful, especially as the guy who deals with the
budget, for the work of the NA Ambassadors, who are great about letting
me know what they need, when they need it, and present me with budget
plans and bills to pay.

I'm sure most everyone on this list has already realized it -- but the
regions of the world where the Ambassadors are most aggressive about
making stuff happen locally, and communicating together to form
leadership teams, are the areas that have great events, lots of swag,
and wonderful results.

Local teams with autonomy and vision are the way to go.  My thanks to
all our Ambassadors, around the world, who are working to make this
happen.

--Max