[Ambassadors] Proposal for "Quick starter guide" for ambasadors

Francesco Ugolini francesco at ephisia.org
Sun Mar 1 14:20:00 UTC 2009

2009/3/1 Ewan Luca <ewanluca at gmail.com>:
> Tnx all for your feedback. If Francesco will take a look at the proposed
> structure next week, we might have a definitive summary until Friday. Than
> we can divide this in chapters to be distributed and completed by
> volunteers. As I have some experience in publishing I'll try to make this
> structure into some form of layout with just titles and blind text (lorem
> ipsum). Than, when it's ready, we can start filling the content and with
> some luck have the thing ready in 2 weeks or so.
> So, if this plan works out, will be a call for "content providers" next
> week.
>
> regards
> Luca,
> Fedora Ambassador,
> www.opencurse.blogspot.com

I had an hour to read it carefull (and I confirm what I just said) and
here are my suggestions, feel free to use this or not:

1. rename those 2 chapters:
   Page 4-5
   Why become an Ambassador? (like in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors)
   Ambassadors in Numbers (700 Ambassadors, 200 countries, 58 meetings
last year etc)

2. Change Page 10-11 structure in:
   Code of conduct (try to make it as simple as understandable, it's
one of the crucial element)
   Activities: - Events
   I have a proposal what do I do?
   Communication: M-L and meetings (here put some info on mailing list
and IRC channels along with the crucial functions of those ones)

3.
 3.1 Somewhere I'll add few, really brief, line about FAmSCo (just to
let new people know what are FAmSCo duties and why those are so
important).

 3.2 Another crucial aspect is the regional division of Ambassadors
resources: many time people ask, What are regional contacts? Who is my
regional contact? What can I ask to him?

---

I don't know if I explained my ideas.

BTW, here are the element we have to really focus: Conduct, Events and Contacts.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini

p.s. I wanted to give some suggestion, feel free, if you find these
useful, to modify/change it.