[Ambassadors] [RFC] Newslater template for Fedoranews.

Oisin Feeley oisin.feeley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 14:16:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 8:57 AM, susmit shannigrahi
<thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just thinking about it.
> Currently, It is sent as a plaintext mail.
> A nice template and sending it as a newslater can make it more
> professional looking.
> I think we can work on it...
>
> What do you think?

CC'ing this to @fedora-news.

Thanks for the suggestion Susmit.  Any help with FWN is welcome.  I'm
not sure exactly what you are proposing though.

If you mean a table-based HTML email then I'd welcome such as an
_additional_ option for subscribers.  A large number of people are
going to prefer a plaintext email however as such is readable in e.g.
mutt, alpine.

But, there's no doubt that some people crave HTML email.  So, if
someone wants to work on this then that would be awesome.  Sitepoint
has some good information[1] for anyone interested in doing this.

A more pressing priority for any design-inclined people would be to
improve our wiki layout somehow.  Recently we did a little
brainstorming on IRC following suggestions from Thorsten Leemhuis and
reformatted a little but there's obviously more to be done and we have
not yet worked up a proposal to put to the art team. If anyone is
interested in improving our layout[2] with a nice MediaWiki template
then that would also be of great interest to us.

Discussion on @fedora-news of the topic would be welcome.

[1] http://www.sitepoint.com/article/code-html-email-newsletters/

[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/LatestIssue

Best wishes,