budgets for all regions (was Re: [Ambassadors] NA EventsExpectation Proposal)

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Fri Mar 27 12:31:53 UTC 2009

2009/3/27 David Anderson <dca at projectcellular.com>:
> I know this is way out but is anybody planning on going to the Florida Linux
> Show - Orlando in October?  I'm spoken for as a volunteer of the overall
> event but would be happy to help if anything needs to be set up, etc?

I travelled to the Florida Linux Show in Jacksonville and spoke a few
weeks ago, and Jack Aboutboul travelled down last year. I can't speak
to last year, though I hear through the grapevine that it was
disappointing. This year's Jacksonville show was very disappointing as
well from a turnout perspective; personally I wouldn't make the drive
(6 hours each way) again, but if someone was close we'd be happy to
equip you with swag, etc. I don't think any of us have experience with
the Orlando show, but I'd be concerned given the booth prices (I
assume the 600 dollar booth fee is the same regardless of the city)
and the low turnout we saw in JAX this year.