[Ambassadors] inactive ambassadors, a proposed solution

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Mar 1 08:17:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 08:26:06AM -0600, inode0 wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> > The purpose of this email is to try to lay out a roadmap for solving, once
> > and for all, the question of inactive Fedora Ambassadors.
>
> Perhaps I'm thinking about this problem in a more surgical way.
> Ambassadors contribute in so many different ways that I don't even
> feel comfortable thinking I can enumerate them and so I prefer to not
> label an ambassador inactive because they don't contribute in the ways
> I can enumerate.

[snip good points]

I also am concerned about labeling and requirements and narrow values
of what is and isn't an Ambassador.  There have to be better ways to
ensure that people are contacted promptly.

One way is to have people add themselves to contact lists.  For
example, I could just put on my own [[User:Quaid]] page a tag
[[Category:Contact me as an Ambassador]] (or something).  When I'm no
longer interested in being contact, I remove that tag from my page.

Just be sure to put a note on the page
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Contact_me_as_an_Ambassador
that says to please contact someone else if you haven't heard back
within X days.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41