[Ambassadors] Equivalent document for Fedora

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun Mar 1 21:09:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 01:39:53PM -0500, David Nalley wrote:
> 2009/3/1 Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>:
> > On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 03:33:24AM -0500, David Nalley wrote:
> >>
> >> Most recently we've talked with Linux Pro Magazine (US)/Linux Magazine
> >> (EMEA) and they've done special issues for Ubuntu and openSuSE. They
> >> are very willing to help us. I think it's probably to late in the
> >> cycle for F11, but perhaps for F12. Essentially we need people
> >> dedicated to produce the content and get it in on time.
> >
> > Yeah, I talked with Rikki from Linux Pro after you did and asked that
> > we get put on their calendar for Nov.-ish for F12.  I've talked with
> > them in the past, in fact supplied them a Fedora Unity respin for an
> > issue last Fall, but I didn't/don't have the time to carry the entire
> > ball.
> >
> > I think this should include Ambassadors, but IMO coordinating with big
> > publication magazines should be a Marketing activity.
> >
> > David -- have you talked with anyone enthusiastic about coordinating
> > this?  Some Docs team writers would surely be interested.
>

> I talked to the FWN editors, who seem interested.
> Aside from our conversations and a few with GDK
>
> Yes I think Docs would be a great resource though I am hesitant to
> introduce yet another project until after F11 release.

Fortunately, I bet that it won't be any actual work before F11
release.  More coordination, getting on the publication calendar,
scope decisions, and that sort.  In fact, we can stipulate that no one
can be made very available until after F11 is complete.

I remember the jolt of surprise and delight when I turned the page of
a Linux magazine and there was an article by you, David (on
BackupPC).  I'd like to see much more of that from our community. :)

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41