[Ambassadors] Re: Fedora as a sponsor on campus

Paul Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:20:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:33 AM,  <jason.workman at students.camdencc.edu> wrote:

> Fedora Team,
>
>      Hello, my name is Jason Workman, I attend the Camden County College in
> Blackwood New Jersey. I am currently leading an opensource movement here on
> campus. With my actions I have founded a Linux Group on campus this
> semester. I have also been asked to be apart of the Academic Computing
> Committee Board by the Dean (I will be the first student to ever be a part
> of this). I attend Divisional meetings to inform the staff of open source
> software, I am also working with the help of the Dean to convert the Campus
> to using Linux.  This wednesday I will be interviewed on radio station 91.5
> because this movement has received so much attention.
>
>      I am looking for a solid Linux Distrobution to be my official sponser.
> I stand behind Fedora in all my meetings. Would Fedora consider being my
> official sponsor on campus?

Hello Jason,

We have an extensive, worldwide Ambassador program whose members
spread free software, and promote Fedora. We'd love to have your help
as well -- we have several people in New Jersey and Pennsylvania that
can help you get you started.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/CountryList#Northern_America

If you look on that list, you'll see entries for people around the USA
including your region, and I encourage you to email the people in your
region in a group. One or more of them should be able to reach out to
you, and may even be able to come speak to your group in person. I'm
sending a copy of this email to our fedora-ambassadors-list as well.

I encourage you to look at the wiki page for the Ambassadors program
to see whether you'd like to become part of our vibrant and rapidly
growing Fedora community:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

Paul Frields
Fedora Project Leader