[Ambassadors] our wiki categories

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 16:57:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 05:40:29PM +0100, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
> >> I'm the owner of an event that happens each first saturday of each month.
> >>
> >> What do I use as categories ?
> >> [[Category:Events in 2009]] and [[Category:Events in 2010]] and so on ?
> >>
> >> Or:
> >> [[Category:Events everlasting]] (something like that)
> >
> > That is a great question. ??I want to get some advise from our wiki
> > czar, Ian Weller. ??I think it will be something similar to
> > 'everlasting' or 'ongoing'. ??Many of us work e.g. regular LUG
> > meetings, which are perfect examples of ongoing events.
>
> Any news on this question ?

I'm thinking the definition of "Event" precludes this, and it should
be a "Meeting" instead.  An event, at least by Fedora standards and
budgeting, is really something that happens fairly infrequently, like
once a year or quarter.  We budget funding for events, but generally
many Ambassadors attend or hold meetings of local groups on their
own.  For example, I have a nearby LUG that I attend regularly, but I
don't list that as an event for Fedora to fund.

Does this help at all?