[Ambassadors] [X-post] #fedora-classroom, March 14, 0900 UTC/1430 IST

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 05:28:03 UTC 2009

Hi,

My thoughts below:

--- On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
| We agreed that the classroom could be used ad-hoc.
\--

I too believe that they should be ad-hoc:

1. The group consists of people from different walks of life from
different time zones. So, expecting everyone to come to a meet once a
month, may, or may not suit everybody's timings.

Would appreciate giving the flexibility and option to the
volunteers/user groups based on their convenience. The question then
arises as to why not have it in their respective #fedora-country
channels. But, then we lose having a central point of contact,
#fedora-classroom, where people can just join in, listen on any
session that is going on, and learn. We also wouldn't need to create
as many #fedora-region channels.

2. People are generally busy with work, and hence meeting once a
month, in person, is suitable for local user group meetings. But, most
of us are usually online, and I don't see any big challenges to have
an ad-hoc IRC meet. Having to wait for a month for an online IRC
session meet is too long IMO.

3. It shouldn't matter how many sessions or how many people are there
in a session. What really counts is the content. Content released in a
FOSS license is always use-able, anytime, anywhere.

I would be happy to hear Christoph Wickerts' concerns.

---
| In this case, while it would be
| nice to have some references to the Fedora Project,
\--

Sure.

SK

--