[Ambassadors] Ambassador List Notification

Gerold gerold at lugd.org
Fri Mar 13 09:35:24 UTC 2009

> Hi,
>
> it seems we have a little Problem with Ambassadors List -
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1259 -
> please keep an eye of your subscribtion in the next hours.
>
> I am on travel the next hours - MarekMahut works on it.
>
> CU Joerg
^^
Unfortunately this isn't a sync problem. These users subscribed to the
mailing list with their fedoraproject.org email addresses and did not
complete the password reset, so their accounts were deactivated. If the
users do not have privacy enabled on their accounts, you can look up their
email addresses at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/view/[username] and change
their subscription to point to that address, or bug them to do the
password reset.

I'm not sure what we can do to prevent this kind of thing from happening
in the future. Perhaps we should send one more round of reminder emails to
peoples' non-fedoraproject.org email addresses reminding them to confirm
their account one more time?

out of the ticket, answered by Ricky