[Ambassadors] [X-post] #fedora-classroom, March 14, 0900 UTC/1430 IST

scott mcbrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:36:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 4:26 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> --- On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> |  In this case, while it would be
> | nice to have some references to the Fedora Project
> \--
>
> Like this?
>
> http://www.shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/presentations/i-want-2-do-project-tell-me-wat-2-do-fedora.pdf
>
> Feedback/criticism/suggestions/comments appreciated.
>
> SK
>
> --
> Shakthi Kannan
> http://www.shakthimaan.com

Shakthi,

I looked at the presentation before and looked at this updated version.  I
noticed that the updated version has many more examples using fedora, and
the fedoraproject.org website.  Thanks!  But I am still confused to the
purpose of the presentation.  The title leads me to believe that your
presentation is going to tell me what I need to do in order to participate
in Fedora Projects, and towards the end of the presentation there is some
information about Fedora.  The majority of the presentation seems to be
geared towards netiquette and how one corresponds and presents oneself in
the community.  While I think that the infamous "me too", "I'm here", or
"+1" e-mails to mailing lists need to be addressed, it seems the
presentation is more focused on this, and less focused on it's titled
purpose.

I realize that creating a presentation is a very time consuming process, and
I applaud you for taking the initiative to generate the materials and revise
them based off of comments when you last showed it to us.  I also appreciate
your willingness to be involved in the Fedora community.  If I were taking
your class in the Fedora Classroom, I'd like to see more on the projects
that are outlined as Sub Projects on the Wiki page, where I can go to find
more information on the projects, and who I should contact if I want to be
involved in each of the projects.  I'd also re-order the presentation to put
these items first, then backfill your class time with some "Best Practices
for Contributors".

I hope I've not insulted you with my criticism, that is not my intent,
again, I'm happy to see more people getting involved in the classroom and
wanting to give presentations to espouse Fedora to their own communities.

Best Regards,

Scott

smcbrien at fedoraproject.org
IRC: StabbyMc