[Ambassadors] Formation of GNU/LUG of KGEC..

Ashok Gautham scriptdevil at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 21 15:35:51 UTC 2009

Well done Rohit! It is a great initiative.

Anyway, I have the following things to say/ask

1) I feel too much of organization may ruin and demotivate as much
as motivate.
        Have a barcamp like structure. Probably one head is OK

2) Use a parent LUG. Ensure that all members follow that LUG too. Try
solving problems by yourselves. Forward to parent LUG if needed.

3) How many people are there in the LUG at the moment?

4) Take up a project that could use some love. I had this plan for a LUG
at my college. But not many others were interested in a LUG.
        Adopt a project. Read source for a month. Each member should take
up a module or two based on his/her competence and should explain in
brief what he/she understood. Then at the end of the month, one/many
members can take up the project and start contributing real time.

5) Have a PC holding git/mercurial/svn checkouts of projects you do and
constantly produce logs. This will motivate people to churn out more and
more code.

6) The one who contributes the most gets to be the next head. Have a badge
for the head.

---
Ashok `Scriptdevil` Gautham