[Ambassadors] LFNW -- tying up some loose ends

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 18:13:24 UTC 2009

Hi, all --

For those in North America keeping track of this, I'm getting the loose ends
tied up on LinuxFest Northwest and I am wondering if anyone has any
especially strong feelings about:

-- LFNW: I believe the date they're going to decide about speakers and such
is Apr. 1, ironically. But I have confirmed a room for FAD all day Saturday
(Apr. 25), and unofficially I have been confirmed as a speaker for an "Intro
to Fedora" talk at 10 a.m. in that room that day (but, logically, if we have
the room all day, I can do that talk anytime). But there's the more
important issue immediately below . . . .

-- The FAD topic/work: At FAD SCaLE we did Font Packaging and Documentation,
although I don't know if this work was completed. If there is some more work
to be done in these areas, would that fit the FAD LFNW bill, so to speak, or
are there any other tasks that might lend itself to FAD LFNW?

-- Head count: There's a place on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LinuxFest_Northwest_(LFNW)_2009 to sign up to
staff the booth if you're going. If you're going to attend the FAD, you can
post your name on the wiki here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Activity_Day_at_LFNW_2009

I'd like to wrap this all up by April 1, so the only fool around here that
day will be me :-)

Thanks, all.

Larry Cafiero