budgets for all regions (was Re: [Ambassadors] NA Events Expectation Proposal)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 06:09:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 05:17:46PM +0100, Max Spevack wrote:

> Our budget is a zero-sum game, after all.  I'd think that we could
> decide, regionally, on a list of events that we'd like to sponsor, and
> then stagger those sponsorships into various quarters, and/or spread
> them over a year or two.  That way we're paying our respect, but not
> doing so at the cost of other budgetary needs.

Doing this, we might be able to sponsor something later in the year
by providing the sponsorship money up front a few quarters in
advance.  With a year-long schedule worked out, you can take extra
money at the end of a Q and send it along to a predetermined list of
sponsored events.

What we're finding challenging IMO in North America is that we don't
yet know what our important events are.  And there are so many of
them!

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41