[Ambassadors] Certification Projects

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 19:45:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Abhradip Mukherjee
<abhradipmukherjee at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Can you explain a little bit what you mean by certification projects?
>>
>>John
>
> Thanks John for replying. Basically the idea is to let the students think of
> newer ways they can contribute to fedoraproject. We have a set of teachers
> here to mentor such students. If one idea is selected (I will post the
> chosen ideas on the mailing list for you to comment on ), we will start a
> project on that idea with a set of students and a mentor. Upon successful
> completion of the project they will be certified by fedoraproject. This is
> what I intend to do.

I'm still a little confused. You don't really need anyone's permission
to create a new project and work on it. I really still have no idea
what you are trying to convey with "certified by fedoraproject." Do
you want the students certified? Do you want the project certified? In
either case, what does the certification imply?

John