[Ambassadors] [Ambassador] How can I protect my user wiki page ?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue May 12 00:18:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 09:01:02PM +0200, Joerg Simon wrote:
> Am Montag 11 Mai 2009 18:38:47 schrieb Wael Ammar:
> > I talked to Mmcgrath on the #fedora-admin and he suggest me to protect my
> > page, so right now I have a protected user wiki page and if I want to make
> > some "edit" I have to contact an admin ton unprotect my page.
> > Yes this is not a comfortable solution but it can prevent other user to
> > edit my page.
>
> I think this is using a sledge-hammer to crack a nut. I am sure this was a
> one-time accident - while Akrem001 is a new Ambassador in the Sponsorship
> Queue and he created his new WikiPage. You can always use the History to turn
> your WikiPage back to a older State. If someone make real harm to your
> WikiPage by constantly changing the Page or adding abusing things there are
> ways to remove this People from FAS. Because Akrem001 is from your Country
> please help him to find a way into the Project as his Mentor.
>
> Thanks and cu Joerg

Joerg, this was an excellent answer.  I did email Akrem001 just to
give him a gentle reminder of how we treat other people's User pages,
and that I was sure he didn't mean any harm.  Only in an instance of
repeat offenses or really grievous vandalism should we be responding
with any sort of action on an account.