[Ambassadors] Clarification Needed

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 12 12:51:28 UTC 2009

> "Debian removes the Firefox branding because it is non-free. I therefore
> conclude that Fedora doesn’t care about freedom."

The Firefox name and logos are registered trademarks. However, the
Firefox code is free.

Fedora can't care about this name and logo issue as... Well, the
Fedora name and logo are also registered trademarks, which means that
it would be totally inconsistent to enforce freedom trademark for some
software but not for us.

Fedora is free regarding the code. Debian is somehow « freeer » as
they also consider trademark freedom.

However, if you are concerned about this particular issue, you can
This package is the only one in Fedora that carries the Fedora
trademarked logo, and you can easily replace it.

Regards,