[Ambassadors] Possible Upcoming events in Wageningen NL

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Fri May 22 18:29:09 UTC 2009

Hey List,

I want to let you all know about a couple of events we are hoping to
plan in Wageningen this summer.  As it turns out, we have the highest
concentration of Ambassadors (3 of them) in the Netherlands in
Wageningen. For a sleepy student town of 35k people, it's quite an
accomplishment.

(Now only if we could have such a density of Ambassadors in the entire NL...)

The first upcoming possibility is a Release Party, the friday after
the Fedora 11 release. There are a few options available, but they run
along the lines of come to Wageningen and enjoy a couple of beers with
us. This could either be, weather permitting in someone's backyard,
complete with 100mbit internet, a campfire, and a nice LAN, or perhaps
at one of the many nice bars in Wageningen.  Free beer is nice, but
we've set up similar events in Wageningen before at a very low cost to
all.

The next event in planning is to set up a Linux booth at one of the
fairs in august for the incoming students. This would be a great
chance to showcase scientific apps as well as how effective Fedora can
be for the university student. Since this is an event supported by
students, it's also very low cost, and we'll probably end up doing
most of it out of pocket.  We'll try to provide up to date respins at
the booth, and try to follow it up with another Lan Party / Install
Fest.

We'll have more details after we can sit down this weekend in person
and work out the details.

Cheers,
Yaakov