[Ambassadors] Discovering public mirrors

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Tue May 26 01:30:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 09:21:11AM +0700, Dichi Al Faridi wrote:
> Matt Domsch wrote:
> >With thanks to this openSUSE blog post:
> > http://vavai.net/2009/05/21/launching-indonesian-opensuse-mirror-repository/
> >
> >I found 4 additional public mirrors in Indonesia which also carry
> >Fedora content.  I added these to Fedora's MirrorManager this morning.
> >
> >I would ask all Ambassadors: if you are using a Fedora public mirror
> >that is not listed in MirrorManager, please let me know.
> >http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/ has the list.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Matt
> >Fedora Mirror Wrangler
> >
> From Indonesia, we have 4 mirror that we usually use.
>
> http://dl2.foss-id.web.id/fedora/
> http://kambing.ui.edu/fedora/
> http://fedora.nusantara-linux.web.id/
> http://shol.vlsm.org/fedora/
>
> But sadly, It is all have lack of bandwidth to outside from Indonesia.

Thanks for these.  I would prefer if the mirror owner would create an
entry for each in the MirrorManager database
(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mirrormanager - see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring for more
details).  Until then, I'll add a placeholder entry.

MM can easily restrict mirror users to be from .id. Just add the
single entry 'id' to the restricted countries list for each mirror,
and then MM will not direct non-.id users to those mirrors.

Thanks,
Matt