[Ambassadors] Help me: Fedora vs. Ubuntu

Ashok Gautham scriptdevil.fedora at gmail.com
Tue May 26 06:47:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 6:59 AM, Truong Anh. Tuan
<tuanta at iwayvietnam.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Most of People in our community are crazy with Ubuntu.
> I know Fedora is much better and I am thinking about a campaign to change
> their mind.
>
> First of all, I would like to write a full list of advantages in Fedora
> against Ubuntu (in our language, Vietnamese, of course).
> Could you please help me some good sources and ideas (both for the advantage
> list and the full process to change their mind).

I find Fedora - 11's presto a feature that will compel users to switch
from distros like ubuntu
that cause heavy downloads during a system update to a system like
Fedora that is lighter
in bandwidth usage.

This holds in lands like India where we still use 128/256 kbps
connections. Of course there
are people with 2/8/16MBps connections as well..

---
Ashok `ScriptDevil` Gautham