[Ambassadors] Need some help on "[Fedora-freemedia-list] What Now James?"

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 20:26:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 2:33 AM, David Ramsey <diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Greetings.  :)
>
> Everyone, came across a thread on the Fedora-freemedia-list which may need
> some TLC help.  :)

> "[Fedora-freemedia-list] What Now James?" -
>
> Currently starts here -
>
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/private/fedora-freemedia-list/2009-May/msg00146.html

> Currently ends here -
>
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/private/fedora-freemedia-list/2009-May/msg00298.html

Private lists aren't available for the public to read so most people
won't be able to read them. This has been raised with the fedora board
and they are the authoritative source of how such things should be
handled anyway.

I do think there is an important question not raised in this thread
though. How can ambassadors help their fellow ambassadors and other
fedora contributors who happen to be residents of embargoed nations?

Frankly I think we did a very poor job of being ambassadors in this
case, but that might largely be the result of our not knowing what our
boundaries are in cases like this.

John