[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meeting Summary from 2009-05-07

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 19:59:28 UTC 2009

* Announcements

   - herlo announced exciting new changes in the Fedora Classroom structure

       https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom

     as well as the new Fedora Classroom mailing list

* Events [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents]

   - several ambassadors pitched in to clean up some errant events on the wiki

   - herlo requested that events not be archived so quickly, it is easier
     to look back at what we have done recently if we keep at least the
     previous quarter's events still on the main events page on the wiki

   - discussion of Q2 event funding (and event funding in general) followed

     * inode0 expressed some discomfort about the way this has been handled
       in the past, funds being allocated based more on the level of previous
       similar events than on the actual needs of the particular event

     * inode0 suggested two goals

       (a) not have FAmNA micromanage event expenses but
       (b) give FAmNA some basis on which to allocate $250 to one event
           and $1,000 to another event

       Can these be achieved without imposing too much of a burden on event
       owners?

     * herlo suggested event owners submit a simple proposal for funds
       enumerating what can be enumerated (booth expense, room costs, etc.)

     * there seemed to be general agreement on herlo's idea and we ask that
       event owners for Q2 events submit funding requests at the first
       FAmNA meeting in June with the understanding that FAmNA will be
       flexible about adjusting these early funding levels when circumstances
       change

     * it was also noted that our ultimate goal is to provide each event with
       what it needs but we have finite resources available at any point in
       time and spending here means not spending there

   - inode0 observed that in Q2 NECC doesn't have an owner listed, does
     someone want to be the owner?

* Budget Review [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Budget]

   - inode0 requested that as ambassadors spend money that they take it
     upon themselves to update our budget page to accurately reflect our
     spending - this should be a part of the standard operating procedure

* Tasks [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Tasks]

   - inode0 requested that ambassadors who take on tasks add them to our
     task page also - this record of our work reflects well on both the
     ambassador who does the work and on FAmNA as a whole and helps Max
     and others see what we are accomplishing

* Q2 and beyond meeting schedule planning

   - we have been meeting on the 1st Thursday and 3rd Tuesday each month
     throughout Q1 as an experiment and need to set a future schedule

   - we will take votes tonight as well as at the next Tuesday meeting to
     determine our future course

   - given the choice of continuing as we are or switching to meeting on
     the 1st and 3rd "some day of the week that is consistent" the vote
     was 7-1 in favor of always meeting on the same day of the week

     inode0 noted that his personal preference was for a consistent day
     but that he was going to vote for the alternating schedule we have
     now since he perceives that more people are participating since that
     change was made

     given the choice of meeting on Tuesdays or Thursdays in the event that
     we switch to meeting on only one day the vote was 7-1 in favor of Tuesday

     we'll add to these votes any additional votes cast at the next meeting
     from other ambassadors (and will accept absentee votes from ambassadors
     who participate in meetings prior to the next meeting if submitted)

     the new schedule will be announced following the next FAmNA meeting

* Release Parties

   - djf_jeff and others had a healthy discussion about release parties

* Open Floor

   - No discussion items

I would again like to thank all the participants, especially the new
ambassadors joining us for the first time tonight.