[Ambassadors] Certification Projects

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon May 11 11:54:48 UTC 2009

On Sun, 10 May 2009, inode0 wrote:

> I'm still a little confused. You don't really need anyone's permission
> to create a new project and work on it. I really still have no idea
> what you are trying to convey with "certified by fedoraproject." Do
> you want the students certified? Do you want the project certified? In
> either case, what does the certification imply?

Furthermore, I think that the original idea isn't necessarily something
for "Fedora Ambassadors" but rather something that is part of the
greater "Fedora Project".

If I were you, I would:

(1) Figure out in much greater detail what you are proposing.

(2) Figure out whether it is something just for India, or something that
you think could be global.

(3) If it is just for India, take it to Fedora India's mailing list.  If
it is something that could be useful globally, take it to
fedora-advisory-board mailing list.

--Max