[Ambassadors] Fedora Certificate Projects

Mani A a.mani.cms at gmail.com
Mon May 11 17:15:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Abhradip Mukherjee
<abhradipmukherjee at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is Abhradip Mukherjee. Here in India (West Bengal) we have a strong
> base. There are several students ready to jump into development fields. They
> want to contribute and work for fedoraproject and GNU/Linux development at
> large. I am thinking of starting a  fedora project to start certification
> projects for such students. That will boost the movement a lot and will
> encourage potential students to not only use free software but also develop
> it.

Plenty of FOSS / OSS courses are already being conducted. If you can
form a group to
teach development then it is a good idea. Participation certificates
are always useful.
But if it should involve Fedora Project, then you need to consult the
advisory board.

Certification is a complex matter. Fedora project does not have the
infrastructure in place.
It will involve quite some effort. Open source projects can definitely
develop their own standards and
certification standards.

Whatever, you need to specify things in detail for discussion and
further consideration.
What courses? What course contents? What projects? How many instructors?
Who? Quality of instructors?
Minimum Infrastructure? Evaluation Standards? Evaluation Goals? etc

Otherwise the answer is "No you cannot".

Best

A. Mani

--
A. Mani