[Ambassadors] [Ambassador] How can I protect my user wiki page ?

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Mon May 11 23:33:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 09:01:02PM +0200, Joerg Simon wrote:
> Am Montag 11 Mai 2009 18:38:47 schrieb Wael Ammar:
> > I talked to Mmcgrath on the #fedora-admin and he suggest me to protect my
> > page, so right now I have a protected user wiki page and if I want to make
> > some "edit" I have to contact an admin ton unprotect my page.
> > Yes this is not a comfortable solution but it can prevent other user to
> > edit my page.
>
> I think this is using a sledge-hammer to crack a nut. I am sure this was a
> one-time accident - while Akrem001 is a new Ambassador in the Sponsorship
> Queue and he created his new WikiPage. You can always use the History to turn
> your WikiPage back to a older State. If someone make real harm to your
> WikiPage by constantly changing the Page or adding abusing things there are
> ways to remove this People from FAS. Because Akrem001 is from your Country
> please help him to find a way into the Project as his Mentor.

Oh hi, missed this wiki-related question for a little while.

Page protection is a possibility but it will make it so that only sysops
can edit the page. Currently there are three sysops: me, ricky, and
mmcgrath. Not exactly viable for when you want to change something.

The history tab at the top of the document allows you to see the changes
to the page. Click on the timestamp for a specific revision to review
that; to revert to that revision, hit 'edit' at the top of the page
after clicking the timestamp link, then 'save'. Seeing a warning about
an out-of-date revision is correct.

If this issue escalates please let me know by posting to
fedora-wiki at lists.fedoraproject.org [1], the Fedora wiki ticketing
system [2], or contacting me personally (less preferable). I've often
had people editing my page because they thought it was theirs for some
reason; I just dumped the data at that point into their actual user page
and posted a message to their user talk page.