[Ambassadors] Re: Manipur Fedora 11 Release Event at Manipur University

Rishikesh Sharma rishikesh at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 18 02:18:29 UTC 2009

After my last Fedora Event, I am helping students and professionals who are
not aware of Fedora. I am doing fedora installation on thier Laptops and
Desktop for them. And helping them to able to listen music and videos on
their Fedora system. I am also helping them to run their choice of open
source programs on their fedora. After the release event, lots of people ask
me for the free fedora media. I have distributed about 25 fedora 10 DVD's
after the release event.

I have help Komrein Baptish Church, Langol in installing Fedora 10 as their
web server and database server for a missionary project.

lots of student approach me to learn Linux but i am not able to teach them
on regular basis as i don't have enough time. But for them, i have arrange
them for a quick tutorial.

i have installed Fedora for a training institute known as Indian Institute
of information Technology, Lambulane at Imphal. They primarily used Fedora
as their programming platform for students.

And I hope, this time we will surely get some Fedora contributors amongst
the students of Manipur University.

Regards,
Rishikesh Sharma
Fedora Ambassador