[Ambassadors] Fedora at the Rochester Institute of Technology

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Tue May 19 15:46:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Heherson Pagcaliwagan
<herson at azneita.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Karlie Robinson
> <karlie_robinson at webpath.net> wrote:
>>
>> I hope to get my SSH updated and most of the images uploaded to Fedora
>> People sometime soon, but I wanted to share these two photos the images are
>> CC non commercial attribution share a like by Jon Sanger a student in the
>> class.
>> Thanks to Brian Powell sending shirts!
>>
>> fedoragccis.jpg (JPEG Image, 1000x744 pixels)
>> <http://on-disk.com/cms/data/files//fedoragccis.jpg>
>>
>> fedoragccis2.jpg (JPEG Image, 1000x619 pixels)
>> <http://on-disk.com/cms/data/files//fedoragccis2.jpg>
>
> And those are nice looking shirts too!
> BTW, are those OLPCs just on loan for the photoshoot or are they part of the
> loot? I just have to ask. ;)

Fedora provided those OLPCs (which OLPC provided to Fedora) to RIT,
and RIT is going to have classes that do development work on various
OLPC/Sugar Labs initiatives, such as currently math4. So effectively
they are loaned to the students for a semester and then return to RIT,
who will loan them out to the next set of students.