[Ambassadors] USB Stick spreading

Chaoskiller chaoskiller at elysianaura.com
Wed May 20 06:49:24 UTC 2009

--------- Original Message --------
From: fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com
To: fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com <fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Ambassadors] USB Stick spreading
Date: May 20, 2009 04:36 PM

> Michael Spahn wrote:
> > Hello Ambassadors,
> > a way to spreading fedora to users with slow connection.
> > My idea is the user search a local Ambassador and send him a usb
stick
> > and attach the postage to send the stick back.
>
> Technical Q?
> Would any of the scanning equipment in Post office Depos,
> wipe the content of the Stick?
>
> Frank
>
> --
> msn: frankly3d  skype: frankly3d

This should not be the case. Especially since other distro's (Mandriva:
http://store.mandriva.com/product_info.php?products_id=407) are doing the
same thing. Also other usb sticks are being shipped with content. Scanning
packages is done with lasers just like at a supermarket, it's not a magnetic
field. Mandriva does have a nice feature, if you plug it in windows you can
open firefox and thunderbird with all settings. Might be nice if something
like that can be done.

Sent to you using Uebimiau Webmail version 3.11
Developed by Dave and Todd at http://www.manvel.net and http://www.tdah.us