[Ambassadors] Gujarat ( INDIA ) introduce open source at 12th standard syllabus with @ 50% w

saahil.in at gmail.com saahil.in at gmail.com
Fri May 22 09:18:23 UTC 2009

jkhatri <khatri.jatin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nilesh J. Vaghela wrote:
> Dear
> All,

> I thought let me share you the efforts of people like us and success
> story , the introduction of open source mainly LINUX is now part of
> official syllabus of Gujarat 12th standard computer subject.

> Here are some Q/A with Mr. Harshal Arolkar.

> Behalf of VGLUG I got chance to have small Q/A with Mr. Harshal

> Arolkar ( He is a part of committee and played lead role in

> designing the text book for Gujarat 12 th standard Computer

> subject ). Due to their team efforts now open source is a part of

> computer subject in 12th standard in Gujarat. */

> Don't you thing this is a great moment for all who are promoting

> Linux and opens ource and a major step in Gujarat for Open source

> movement ??

> Excited !!! well here are the questions the answers are at

> http://www.vglug.info/q-with-mr-harshal-arolkar-gujarat-education-board-12-standard-computer-subject-open-source

> Although after some conversation I added few more questions.

> Many many Thanks to Mr. Harshal Arolkar.

> wow.... thats great thing .... nice to see that Linux/opensource is
> now in school syllabus

> Regards & TC

This, in fact, can be regarded as one of the major steps forward towards
increasing awareness about Open Source philosophy. Most of us, here, know
how difficult it is to convince students in their university level
education to make use of Open Source technologies, and gain manifold
advantages in their daily productivity. Introducing Linux in school
syllabus will, hopefully, tend to make the job easier for students pursuing
careers in any technological field. Kudos to your efforts, Nilesh. :-)

Regards,
Saahil