[Ambassadors] Help me: Fedora vs. Ubuntu

Truong Anh. Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Tue May 26 06:52:42 UTC 2009

----- "Ashok Gautham" <scriptdevil.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 6:59 AM, Truong Anh. Tuan
> <tuanta at iwayvietnam.com> wrote:
>
> I find Fedora - 11's presto a feature that will compel users to
> switch
> from distros like ubuntu
> that cause heavy downloads during a system update to a system like
> Fedora that is lighter
> in bandwidth usage.
>
> This holds in lands like India where we still use 128/256 kbps
> connections. Of course there
> are people with 2/8/16MBps connections as well..
We already have a local mirror (partially only) for Fedora (maintained by my team) but also have that for Ubuntu and some other distros. So, the speed of upload download does not matter here.

However, your idea to compare Fedora 11 features to see what's advantages is good. I will try.
Thank you.

> ---
> Ashok `ScriptDevil` Gautham

Kind regards,