[Ambassadors] Help me: Fedora vs. Ubuntu

Wed May 27 07:12:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 6:59 AM, Truong Anh. Tuan
<tuanta at iwayvietnam.com> wrote:

> Most of People in our community are crazy with Ubuntu.

A good place to start would be to study, assess and understand what is
the logic behind the craziness.

> I know Fedora is much better and I am thinking about a campaign to change
> their mind.

To do that, you need to spend time getting your feet wet in the Fedora
land and, dipping into various projects and sub-projects so that you
*know* what you are talking about or, arranging a campaign around.

> First of all, I would like to write a full list of advantages in Fedora
> against Ubuntu (in our language, Vietnamese, of course).

I would really suggest against that. It is never a good thing to do a
point wise rebuttal and, the spoils are just to bloody to enjoy.
Instead, you could sit down and think about how "Freedom, Friends,
Features, First" resonate within your community and, how you can draw
up practical and real examples which demonstrate the values of the
words, the thoughts behind them and, how they shape the development,
the community and, the entire system that is Fedora. That should be
something worth doing.