[Ambassadors] Fedora 11: Virtual(ization) Reality

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 22:47:02 UTC 2009

> Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 11:19:43 -0400
> From: jaa at redhat.com
> To: fedora-marketing-list at redhat.com; fedora-ambassadors-list at redhat.com; media-monitor at redhat.com
> CC:
> Subject: [Ambassadors] Fedora 11: Virtual(ization) Reality

Hello Everyone,

Jack, thank you for your posting.  :)

> Cutting edge virtualization technology has always been one of Fedora's strong suits and Fedora 11 looks to continue that trend. In an interview with Daniel P. Berrange, Red Hat Virt Team Engineer and Fedora Virtualization guru, we talk about the many key upgrades to virt technology in F11 focusing on areas of usability, performance and security. Fedora 11 will premiere the latest in secure and powerful virtualization technology available to users and developers. With so much to look forward to Fedora 11, it's sure to make your virtualization dreams a reality.

Cool, I love the virtualization content.  As one's dreams are a reflection of their reality in some sense.  ;)

As part of my Fedora 11 release preparation, I have been reviewing the "Fedora 11 Talking Points" as well as "Release Notes."

Fedora 11 Talking Points has content relevant to the Virt Improved Console -

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F11_Talking_Points

Release Notes -

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f11preview/en-US/index.html

within section 5.3 is my favorite Fedora 11 Virtualization information -

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f11preview/en-US/ar01s05s03.html

> Read the interview at:
> http://jaboutboul.blogspot.com/2009/05/fedora-11-virtualization-reality.html

Great article.  Eight questions that provide insight into the present state...XEN is my friend.  :)

Please have a great day!  :~)

Thank You

Sincerely

=-=-=-=-=

- David -

=-=-=-=-=

David Ramsey

=

        Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador

dramsey at fedoraproject.org

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey

Fedora 9 (Sulphur) kernel - vmlinuz-2.6.27.23-78.2.50.fc9.i686

Fedora 10 (Cambridge) kernel - vmlinuz-2.6.27.21-170.2.56.fc10.i686

Fedora 11 (Leonidas) Preview kernel - vmlinuz-2.6.29.3-155.fc11.i586

=