[Ambassadors] famsco nomination time is over in 24 h !!!

Francesco Ugolini fugolini at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 16 15:40:07 UTC 2009

2009/11/16 inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com>:

> I agree having a short statement is useful. Is it required? Do we
> accept nominations that don't include them?

I think we haven't to set up limits: someone express him/herself with
more words, someone else, instead, need only three words (no one is
better, it's just a question of style, like behing Orwell or Joyce
:)).

The second question has a simple answer: no words, means no interest
or no motivation to run. I think everyone has an idea, event "Organize
Events for pets" (n.b. just an exageration).

Moreover, he/she could have ALL the time needed to write this. So,
just keep it blank when you take a decision, but in the following
days, please, add even a brief statement.

That's a reasonable and democratic way, and everytime it works fine.

> Just to be clear I wasn't suggesting we put the names in alphabetical
> order. I just used that as an example of one rule that exists
> elsewhere for ordering the names on the nomination page. Having them
> appear in the order the nominations were made seems good to me too,
> maybe even better since it carries some information along with it.
>
> I don't think we need to do anything this time around, but if people
> would like a more specific rule for next time they can suggest one. :)

Just sort them in alphabetical order. Nobody will complain it ;)
(FAmSCo will do this)

Hoping it could clear the point

Regards

Francesco Ugolini