[Ambassadors] Meeting minutes [Fedora India at #fedora-india on the 22nd of Nov 2009]

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 14:05:05 UTC 2009

    12. kishan (2)
    13. zodbot (2)
    14. kedars_ (1)
    15. rajeshr (1)
    16. rtnpro (1)
    17. yevlempy (1)

- F12 release events
- Tamil team
- During the course of the meeting, we decided to discuss the issue of
"people becoming Fedora Ambassadors and not carrying out their duties as
required" also.

Minutes -
Release events:

- Planned at MIT Manipal, early January (Ankur Sinha)
- Release party, install fests at Bikaner (Jaideep)
- Plans to migrate 100 desktops of Coal India to fedora12 (Pradipta)

Tamil team discussion:
Postponed (next meeting?)

Discussion over fedora ambassadorship

- Making sure that blogs of *every* Ambassador is on
planet.fedoraproject.org

- some sort of system to prevent people from signing up (because its
ultra cool) and then not working.
- make a nice proposal and send it for discussion and whatever be the
result send it to FEMSco for approval
- ideas, such as an Ambassador should be participating in at least one
Fedora subgroup (ie docs/packaging/design/websites...)

- Mentoring to make sure newbies holding release fests know what to say
ie - *correct content* (since they're short on experience, we don't want
them saying stuff that is different from the community's working etc.)
- Setting up a wiki page and supplying people with updated slides and
material to be used at release fests.

- collecting feedback after a Fedora event from the audience (ideas
needed on how to go about doing this).

- regular IRC meets : fortnightly *at least*

- good install fests never turning into sustained activities : why??

These are only ideas in short. Please go through the meeting logs
provided above.

There's quite a lot of work to be done.

- I'm in-charge of rounding up all "FAs from India"'s blogs and making
sure they're on the planet.
- Slides etc? (any hands ??)

There are also agendas that still need more discussion. Future meets or
discussions on the mailing list are needed.

Thank you all for attending :)

Have a nice evening

regards,
Ankur

PS Also forwarding the the ambassadors list.