[Ambassadors] Campus Ambassadors program

Aleksei Lukin lukin at stu.cn.ua
Wed Nov 25 10:16:04 UTC 2009

Hi,  Larry ! Hi, All!

I missed IRC chats last week  but it's great that you passed message trough mail
list. Where can I read transcript or whatever additional info about  Campus
Ambassadors program?

I am university teacher (CS dept. Chernigiv Dtate Technological University,
Ukraine) and we have a lot of ideas and a lot of work planed to promoute free
software in Ukrainian higher education. We founded University Linux Competence
Center that helps university teachers and students in  adaptation of teaching
process to Linux free software. We have more then 50 active students in our
team.

27. Nov. we have a little conference in Chernigiv Dtate Technological University
plus Linux install fest and planning a lot of activities. Fedora is widely useed
at our CS dept. so Fedora 12 will be show star :) And we are planning a lot of
other activities so we're looking for partner universities from EU, especially
regarding to "TEMPUS" EU Commission project where we have good experience of
last 3 years.  CSTU officials are wery positive to our initiatives and support
ULCC.

As you can see, I am very interested in Fedora and RH programs aimed to
educatgion. In my opinion, education is key to technology promotion.

PS.
Unfortunately, our sites do not contain yet much info in English, but anyway it
could be interesting, English pages of ULCC is in progress.

http://ulcc.org.ua
http://cs.stu.cn.ua
http://www.stu.cn.ua

--