[Ambassadors] FYI, here are the APAC meeting notes from Sunday, October 11th, 2009 at 03:00 UTC

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 11 06:35:35 UTC 2009

Hello Everyone,

Greetings.  :)

+1 to our APAC Discussion with Azneita and Harish!  :v)

> > I am deliberately abstaining from meetings till more people step up
> > and start working on these. I am following the logs though.
>
> I think some of the other APAC ambassadors are doing this too :)

Fantastic!  ;)

> > As for Azenita, the DVD replicator was cleared AFAIK. :)
>
> It was indeed cleared on this thread[1] last month. :)
>
> This time however, APAC is trying to get its own equipment (DVD replicator) similar to what LATAM already have. The idea is to produce the media somewhere in APAC and ship them to our ambassadors wherever it's cost-effective for future Fedora Events and the like.
>
> Right now, we need inputs from other ambassadors on how to go about it (LATAM, how about sharing us your experience). From where I'm standing, the machine should be something like this[2]. Fast and semi-automatic.
>
> [1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2009-September/msg00144.html
> [2] http://www.discmakers.com/duplicators/bundles/speedster.asp

Perfect!  Exactly, what the doctor ordered.  :v)

Please have a wonderful day!  :~)

Thank You
Sincerely
=-=-=-=-=
- David -
=-=-=-=-=
David Ramsey
=
Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey
* Fedora 9 (Sulphur) kernel - vmlinuz-2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686
* Fedora 10 (Cambridge) kernel - vmlinuz-2.6.27.30-170.2.82.fc10.i686
* Fedora 11 (Leonidas) kernels - vmlinuz-2.6.30.5-43.fc11.i586 and vmlinuz-2.6.30.5-43.fc11.i686.PAE
* Fedora 12 (Constantine) kernels - vmlinuz-2.6.31-33.fc12.i686 and vmlinuz-2.6.31.1-56.fc12.i686.PAE
With eight (8) x86_64 computing cores, 16 GB of RAM and SATA Seagate 7200.12 500 GB harddisk.
=