[Ambassadors] Fedora Event in Mauritius

Amit Caleechurn acaleechurn at fedoraproject.org
Tue Oct 13 15:33:51 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

                         I am planning a fedora event for Infotech (
www.infotech.mu) to be held in Mauritius on the 19-22 of November. This is
the biggest ICT event of country expecting to attract 65 000 visitors. This
is normally a paid event for exhibitors (from $1000 to $10000) but after
sending a brochure of fedora along with a live usb disk to the organizers,
we have obtained a free slot to showcase fedora. We have just about a month
to get all sorted so any help from the folks would be appreciated. I have a
list of questions/request that people could help with:

Fedora version: I don't expect to have Constantine in hand to showcase at
the exhibition so what would you advise me to showcase the Beta/PR edtion or
just go for Fedora 11

Media Distribution: Are there guys with CDs/DVDs left from previous events
that they are willing to ship to me. Of course I will be burning my own lot
but don't expect it to be enough

Marketing Materials: I have the sponsor of company (LCA Limited) for the
tshirts (Linux user group volunteers) and banners that will be on display,
are there any additional marketing materials i can get hold of? I have the
generic flyer from the marketing section for both fedora and FEL spin.

Slides/Presentation: Who has an updated presentation for Fedora? I have the
latest for FEL (F12). I can obtain a 45 min slot on each day for
presentation in a conference room, I have in mind 3 fedora presentations and
one (day) for FEL.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Amit