[Ambassadors] Re: Fedora print magazine proposal from Linux Pro Magazine

Kevin Higgins crossbytes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 23:50:19 UTC 2009

I can write an article on the things that I mentioned, except for

       >Our Moblin stack is rather bleeding-edge (I know, I helped reviewing
       >the components) and we currently don't have a working NetworkManager
       >client (due to API changes when NM went 1.0). This would be nice, but
       >rather hairy to be mentioned as a feature, especially since we're not
       >quite at the official Moblin image's 5-second boot time yet.
       >
       >Regards,
       >
       >--
       >Michel Alexandre Salim

but the more that I thought about things today...
The more reasons I came up with from an Ambassador's point of view
that we should wait for F13 -

1) Dracut being new -- would love to have it have a dry run in with
public to work out any bugs if any..
     -- I feel that any glitches in any other area other than the boot
process/Install can always be worked out in the update process but for
boot/install if I was a user new or not if the install did not work
out I would not go online (if I was able to, not primary computer) and
find out if there are workarounds I would just reinstall the previous
OS that i know that works...(Of course I really do not know allot
about Anaconda or Dracut so excuse me if I am speaking incorrectly.)

2) F12 would release '2009-11-10'  this being the date for us in the
NorthWest (US) and I think most of the world would be a tough time to
do Release party's (Thanks Giving, Christmas, weather)  but F13 would
be great so we could ALL work together to make well coordinated
release party's around the world to coincide with the publication of
the Magazine even give some magazines (4-5) away possibly as SWAG even
run blurbs in Newspapers 'Fedora 13 as seen in book stores in Linux
Pro Magazine Special Edition'. or whatever..(this being a LP magazine
release I just think we should give it our all.. and I think better
weather, better economy, more people..)

3) Not that almost 3 months is not enough time to write an article
about F12 but I think that if we wrote articles about the upcoming
Features in Fedora 13 now.. then expanded on those as we got closer we
might also be able to have a consistent theme that runs within all of
the articles other than the only theme being Fedora Itself...like
working in the being 'green' low power consumption --

quote from < http://press.redhat.com/2008/06/26/red-hat-gets-the-green-light-as-greenest-operating-system/
> [ I know this is old but it was the newest info I could find for
example in a few minutes]

or making the Fedora 12/13/14 --- motto the theme or even something like --
      Freedom, Friends, Features, First     as a theme of all of our
articles we just all work into our articles
a prevailing theme ... just a couple of ideas and reasons that I think
we should hold off till F13..