[Ambassadors] UTOSC 2009

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 22:35:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 4:14 PM, inode0<inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Paul W. Frields<stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 08:45:19PM -0600, Clint Savage wrote:
>>> ... snip ...
>>> * Family Day on Saturday, October 10 Bring your family to the
>>> conference for family friendly presentations
>>> ... snip ...
>>
>> One of the things that really impressed me about UTOSC was not just
>> the level of organization and professionalism that the staff conveyed
>> (almost effortlessly), but also the family-friendly nature of the
>> event.  Clint, are you guys having a sort of Family Day at this UTOSC
>> again?
>
> Looks like it :)
>
> John

We sure are planning on having a Family Day as John pointed out.
We're working on the details of Family Day, but we have a Pizza party
(sponsored by openSUSE and Novell) as well as a plan to have
activities for kids and families alike.  We have several presentations
that should be family friendly as well, so check out the Saturday list
at http://2009.utosc.com/presentation/schedule/.

Other things we're working on:

Treasure Hunt with GPS for families.
Lego building contest at Ignite 3.5 (we'll hopefully be able to steal
them for the rest of the weekend)
Try-It Lab Workshop for families on Saturday morning

Hope that helps.  I'm looking forward to seeing all of my friends from
Fedora at UTOSC 2009.

Thanks for the support.

Cheers,

Clint