[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meeting Summary from 2009-09-15

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 04:16:59 UTC 2009

* Announcements

   - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Toronto_2009

   - inode0 is planning to hand over the reins of these meetings
     to others at the end of October

* Events [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents]

   - UTOSC is Oct. 8-10 -- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UTOSC_2009

   - djf_jeff reports on plans for the Ontario Linux Fest and JIT

     http://onlinux.ca/
     http://jit.infoglobe.ca/

     FAmNA is tasked with figuring out how to get an event box up to
     Canada for djf_jeff to use at these events

   * Digression *

     How can we facilitate distribution of materials throughout Canada?
     djf_jeff has volunteered to be our distribution center for Canada
     and we need to work out any details to make that happen - notably
     arrangements with UPS if possible

   - Some discussion of a number of other upcoming conferences including
     UTOSC, OLF, LinuxCon, and CPOSC

* Budget Review [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Budget]

   - inode0 waves hands about madly and points people to

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_Architecture_expenses

     guessing what it might mean for us going forward - but we need to
     really wait for further clarification when it comes

   - Some interesting discussion about the future of media production

* Tasks [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Tasks]

   - No discussion

* Open Floor

   - Linux Pro Magazine information requested - redirected to marketing

I would again like to thank all the participants, especially the new
ambassadors joining us for the first time tonight.