[Ambassadors] Re: [X-post] Software Freedom Day @ Hyderabad

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 15:54:29 UTC 2009

Hi,

On September 19, 2009, Software Freedom Day at Hyderabad:

--- On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Shakthi Kannan
<shakthimaan at gmail.com> wrote:
| 1. Visit to Devnar Foundation for the Blind.
\--

* Most of their systems have been donated. So, there are different
motherboards, and brands. Apparently, the local AMC support guy who
had come today didn't have drivers for different proprietary OSes, and
for different motherboards. I then migrated their office computers to
Fedora 11 :)

Now, they have HCL, Wipro computers running Fedora.

* I have disabled many start-p services, to boot the systems faster.

* I also adjusted Orca pitch, rate settings for clarity. It should
take them some time to get accustomed to the American accent.

---
| 2. Post lunch, around 1430 IST, we would go to Department of
| Astronomy, Osmania University to deploy Fedora offline repository.
\--

* Thanks to Prof. Haasan, I have deployed Fedora 11 repository (29 GB)
at one of the department systems.

* They are interested in creating a Fedora Spin for Astronomy, and
release it, as this is the International Year of Astronomy [1]. I have
provided Rahul Sundarams' e-mail contact to them.

SK

[1] http://www.astronomy2009.org/

--
Shakthi Kannan