[Ambassadors] fedora twitter account inactive?

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Mon Sep 21 20:51:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 06:05:50PM +0800, Yuan Yijun wrote:
> You will not believe how easily a twitter account get suspended. They
> suspended mine without a reason, and no response to support tickets so
> far.
How is that relevant?

> Since every fedora people has an account on http://identi.ca or
> status.net (AGPL) why bother using twitter?

Because it's about marketing. We happen to market to people who aren't
yet interested in free software as those who are. We want to get new
users and more importantly more ambassadors and contributors. To do
that, you need to cover all the angles.

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>
  "Why, a four-year-old could understand this report.