JPackage 1.6

Mon Dec 6 19:39:02 UTC 2004

[This is a repost of the 19 november announce on JPackage lists. Since
JPackage serves is the upstream of numerous of FC Java packages I was
asked to echo it on FC-related rpm lists. Many thanks to Paul Nasrat for
the original announcement]

The JPackage Project http://www.jpackage.org/ is pleased to announce a
new release.  Upgrading should be a simple matter of pointing your
preferred depsolver at a mirror documented at
http://www.jpackage.org/repos.php

Since JPackage 1.5, the team has grown thanks to vendor interest and we
will continue providing packaging java packages, and we hope to have
some more exciting news soon.

JPackage will continue to host a devel repository for future large
changes. Please update your preferred depsolver to point to the 1.6
repositories as documented:

http://www.jpackage.org/repos.php

[ You will usually need the generic & distro-specific repository. Devel
is for testers ]

Thanks once more to all the contributors and users

Highlights
==========

Ant 1.6.2 is one of the biggest highlights, along with having maven and
lots of updated packages.

Contribuors
===========

In no particular order JPackage is:

* Ralph Apel
* Gary Benson
* Pete Chown
* Leonid Dubinsky
* Thomas Fitzsimmons
* Henri Gomez
* Sonja Krause-Harder
* Goulven Le Jeune
* Nicolas Mailhot
* Paul Nasrat
* Fernando Nasser
* Kaj J. Niemi
* Robert Ottenhag
* Jens Skripczynski
* Ville Skyttä
* Sebastiano Vigna
* David Walluck
* Christian Zoffoli

Thanks
======

In addition thanks to Randy Walter for Ant 1.6.X work and Carwyn Edwards
for work on the 1.5 JDK.

As always we wish to thank the community for all their contributions and
work.

Notes
=====

JPackage no longer supports or distributes Java SDK version 1.3. The
version of the Java SDK supported in this release is 1.4. Java SDK
1.5 from Sun is also provided in the non-free section.

Removed from free (5 packages: 2 removed + 3 obsolete)

keytoolgui        (replaced by portecle)
plexus-container
saxpath            (merged into jaxen)
stylebook
toolbutton        (merged into toolbar)